Friday, May 11, 2007

Recording: Day Two

today was fine. but yesterday was better. Derrick(drummer) wasn't feeling well today and we had to do quite a number of takes for the drum tracks. so the first 4 hours of the day we did 3 drums tracks. not really a good thing, but thank God that most drum tracks were settled yesterday and so we had buffer time to settle these other stuffs today.

We tried doing bass tracks today too but our poor bassist (kit ling) has gotten a blister on his fingers and he cant really do the bass well, so we decided to do keys.

Andrew is really very funny. He plays better when he sings and his tracks are never the same. The song and the chords are all the same but he can play different fills in all the tracks that he does. Some are amazing good and some are just ok.

We cleared our guide tracks today too. Tiffany (female vox) was also here to do her vox for the guide tracks. Ok, initially I thought that she might not fit our band. But to my surprise, we do have one song that fit her vocals perfectly. It was sweet. Very very nice. Well since after tracking the guide tracks I was free to do my own stuff, Tiffany and I sat at the lounge area and chit chatted. she's cool and we have similar interests here and there and is also very coincidental that she lives just a street away from my place.

That's about it for the recordings. Next week I gotta get my tracks down. Its scary I tell you. I pray I'll do fine.

No comments: