Monday, October 1, 2012

Father's Love

I would like to share a beautiful illustration of how much God the Father loves us and how much love He has for us.

"Here the mystery of my life unveiled. I am loved so much that I am left free to leave home. The blessing is there from the beginning. I have left it and keep on leaving it. But the Father is always looking for me with outstretched arms to receive me back and whisper again in my ear: "You are my Beloved, on you my favor rests."" - Henri J.M. Nouwen, The Return of the Prodigal Son

Thank You Jennifer for sharing this on Facebook

UPDATE:
The Return of the Prodigal Son by Rembrandt Harmenszoon van Rijn, 1669.

One of the most beautiful paintings I've come to love--one that I can gaze upon all day and night while I seek communion and enjoy the Loving embrace of the Father.

The loving embrace of the Father whose hands knitted me together in my mother's womb; whose hands protected me in times of danger and consoled me in times of grief; whose hands waved me goodbye when He gave me the freedom to leave home but remained outstretched indefatigably in hopes of my return so He can speak words of love and encouragement when I'm tired of searching and finding for that Love from the wrong people and in the wrong places.

The unfathomable love and infinite mercy of God. It blows my mind!

From Jennifer again - via Facebok (4/10/12)

No comments: