Thursday, November 4, 2010

Timing

Timing is important in every aspect that I look at now.

Thinking of the opportunities that might have been present to play with excellent musicians, I find that in the end, it all come about because the time is right. Even for me now as I study music, its the right time cause I am old enough to think for myself. If I were thrown here earlier, I am not sure if I can manage it all.

In love, timing needs to be right also. Knowing when to pursue, when to let go, its all about timing.

Even in playing music, timing is very important. The common factor where everyone sits on. The time and space of notes and rhythm. Timing is so important no one can stress about it any further.

But what really amazes me is when KV was talking about time. God is in time. For us time is a measure. We can look back and now, but we can only predict or foretell the future. Nothing is certain. But God, He can move in and out of time and therefore He knows what is predestined and He chose you first before you chose Him. And if you are in Him, I am pretty sure that your timing in life will always be perfect. Why? Simply because He makes all things good for those who love Him.

My timing is bad, but hopefully improving. Learning to just keep playing with a metronome. And my life's metronome is God. Jesus Himself. To keep in step with the Holy Spirit and live by faith. Often I am too anxious for my own good and I dont know how to guard my heart. I think that is because the love-sick worshipper me has forgotten who is his first love. This is a season to make friends to work hard learn well and be prepared to bring more glory. I miss my Covenant Friends, people who would remind me that I was made to be different. So very often I just wanna drown back into the world and be satisfied there.

But I've learned a very important lesson today. Music is very powerful, it can influence and impact many cause its a voice that they can relate to. But each song is sometimes an escape for the composer/artist/singer and those who listen and can relate to the song. But these are all fantasy, a temporary high, a dream that they wanna be living in but isnt a reality. If you cant get out of a song and you keep living in it, you get into depression, if the song is depressing, or anger if its a frustration or anger kinda song. You get stuck in the persona or the mood of the song. And when it screws you, you look for drugs or whatever vices to find another temporary high yet again. So its a vicious cycle and then you end you life faster.

The point here is get in and get out. Dont live in the music that isnt right. Which is why I believe as a worshipper, living in worship for 24/7 is actually healthy and possible. You just need to know who you are worshipping.

No comments: