Sunday, January 16, 2011

Bible in a Year

So I decided that I wanna try finishing the bible in a Year. If I manage to do this, it'll be a first and I hope my accountability sisters would keep me in check.

Anyway, today is the first day of OWNit365(the program I'm using) and I've read about Joseph, Moses and Job. One common theme in today's devotion is the leadership and favour they each had with God. These men were exemplary in their relationship with God.

One other theme is that Moses whose name meaning drawing from the water and in Job 30 it was about the God being behind the wind and the storm. Again, wind and water is being mentioned here.

Besides my devotion for today, theme of the day for house church seems to be LOVE. People were sharing about the love of God and I suddenly have this want to use worship to allow this love to flow down from heaven, yet not by my own strength or by might, but may it be empowered by His Holy Spirit.

Just sing and worship God just as who He is to you. Let no one tell you who God should be to you, but experience Him as how He wants to with you and with every step and season of your life.

I must come to a realization that I cannot live a careless life. That my devotion to Jesus is 24/7.365. Devoted in deed in thoughts in words. I just cant afford it. I cannot afford to have Jesus out.

"Words of affirmation is food for the soul." - Uncle Hock Seng

Characteristic of a Disciple
• Committed relationship
• Apprenticeship
• Multiplication
• Transformation by the Holy Spirit

Some points of notes from last week sermon by Dr Ed Pousson

1 Corinthians 13

This life is given to you and me, a test you might say to see how much love is in you. If Christ is in you, then you are love. He who is I AM, He who is LOVE is in you.

•The fall is the failure to love
•Sin is the refusal to love
•Hell is the inability to love

Salvation is the restoration of our capacity to love.

Love in a selfless way, love your neighbour as yourself. Learn to love before it's too late

Model love to a world without love

Add a touch of love in everything you do

In BAG today I realize that youths find words of blessings to be nice words. Till they experience grace and peace from the Lord, it'll be just a nice word. But such experience comes with a tipping point, a crisis.

Sorry for the fragmented thoughts and the bad arrangement. I wrote these notes while I was listening to the sermons/sharing and these are just some thoughts off my head.

PS: For today, I just want to thank God for my little discussion group. I thank God that we are growing closer and may God take us to another level of deep sharing and intimacy with God and each other.

No comments: