Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Rainbows!

On my way home from work today I saw a double rainbow. One was above the other. The lower one was bolder in colour whereas the upper one was rather faint. I didnt usually took this route home from work, but since I was accompanying my friend home, I changed my route of travel.

As I see the rainbow, I am reminded of Noah's story. God used a rainbow to symbolise His everlasting covenant with Noah. And I thought, is God showing me the same thing? And its a double rainbow, so what is He double confirming? As I walked towards my house, I thought of my application and I wonder if God was telling me not to worry as He has an everlasting covenant with me.

I am excited as I begin this lent fasting and praying and seeking God. I am sure He will begin to show me more of Himself and His kingdom. How often does one get to see a rainbow, lest it be a double one! I pray God will help me to gain more understanding of this rainbow and what He is about to do in my life and in the church.

No comments: