Thursday, April 9, 2009

Music

I dont know how music touches you... It more than once made me cry. I really want to study music at Berklee. In all honesty, its not totally for God. Its for my love for music. Pop tunes, rock, R&B, house/trance, I enjoy them all.

But at the end or at the heart of it all, I want to be able to use this knowledge or ability or talent to minister to others. Equiped with the knowledge of songwriting or composing I can write songs that touch the others of others. For me that is my worship and when others hear it, I pray that it might catch on for them and lead them into their own time of worship with God.

Or as a musician, I would be able to play and sing out the composition and use the powerful lyrics and music to minister to other, helping them draw nearer to God. In any case, worship is personal, no matter what I do can make others worship, the person must make a choice, but I can help lead and help create the mood, atmosphere, pointing the congregation to Christ.

I want to be a better musician, to enjoy music. To write or play good music. Its a thin line between good music and good worship. But my heart is for God. Deep within me, I need God. I yearn for Him always.

I just have a wish, send me to Berklee please?

No comments: