Sunday, April 20, 2008

Spiritual act of Worship

Last Saturday I met Tim Hughes and Al Gordon. They were leading in a conference organised by Worship Central and its a training conference for worship leaders, musicians and worshippers.
I was there and I was fed.

Last week, I went for BAG and I must say that it had been divinely planned put by God. I didnt want to go for BAG, but Cass called and asked if I was going. I told her no as I just wanted to slack at home, but then when I reached home, I decided to go.

At Pastor Ed's place, I was told that Clare who was to lead worship had forgotten to prepare, so I said ok, I'll do it. Pastor wanted the song "Ascribe greatness to our God" and I was like, ok, let me go figure out the chords. I did and then I had to choose another song. As I was figuring out the chords, the song "Heart of worship" just came out of my mouth. Since I was very familiar with it I decided to go ahead to sing it.

During worship, I knew it was the Holy Spirit who empowered me to lead it as firstly, my vocal tone was nice and I harmonise without knowing what it was like and I improvise "Heart of worship" with a bridge that I didnt know was going to come out. I thanked the Lord for this is something that I was hoping for a long time. A spirit led worship. That was my encounter with the Holy Spirit through worship.

The next day I went for the Worship Central conference and I was led into worship by Al. Tim's massage taught me new things about God and enlarge my vision of Christ. I bought his new book titled "Holding nothing Back" and have finished reading it. I also got Al's album and it is really good.

These 2 days were spiritual feeding for me and I've been stirred up with passion in my heart, I have been consumed with fire and I wanted to burn for God.

But as the days go by, even reading the book wasnt enough to keep me burning for long. I tried to stay as Christ-like as I can, but as the days go by in camp, I was conformed to the world again. Today, I am drained. I felt like I couldnt worship God. I wanted Him to be there in the sanctuary with me.

I've got a lot of things going on in my head. Another week in camp is another trying week, trying to be strong in the Lord. I wanna be changed, I wanna be transformed. Worship leads to obedience. Where is my act of obedience? Where is my surrender? When it comes to the crunch, I conform. Truly I need to see God, hear God, know God.

Please pay me a visit dear Lord! Amen!

No comments: