Friday, February 12, 2010

I've got 3 loves

I've been thinking for the past few days. I've come to realise that there are 3 things that I would pursue.

1) Music - specifically acoustic guitars for now.

2) Photography - hardware of it eg. camerma body/lens.

3) Food - Nothing in particular, but I love good pastas.

Music is an art and a science, when you have to put it onto a tape or when you need to treat an acoustic place for it to really sound good.

Photography is an art and a science, when you need to know how light affects an image, shutter speed, aperture size and results in a breath taking moment.

Food is an art and a science, when it comes to nutritional values, taste and colour. How different knife affect the cut of a meat, the blenders, stoves, temperature, you know it, the precision of time in cooking.

All these that I love are both an art and a science. There is creativity and skill involved in all these. I love that these 2 facts cooperate to produce something so good that for years, these industries never died out. And I realise that God is much like that too. He loves Arts and Science. When He created you, the complex science of how a man was formed is in you, and it was His masterpiece, nothing short of the same image of God Himself. And to live for Him is an honour in itself. Nothing beats living and being seen as the Son of my Father who is in heaven. That's my identity and in my work, I yearn to be recgonized for that. Someone who brings out the Presence of the Father in music, photos and food.

This life, I fear is far too short. I know I cannot do anything to bring a person to Christ, but if it had been a catalyse or a starting point, then that's good enough. My Father will have His will done on earth as it is in Heaven. Amen.