Tuesday, March 26, 2013

An artist’s proud declaration:

My motivation to be my best performance every time I get on stage does not lie in whether or not I score well in the minds of a few veteran experts in the audience.

My motivation to be my best today and better the next time lies in the very fact that I have committed my soul to this very job, namely, a performer and an artist.

It is the essence of this career, the nature of my work, that I will strife for excellence and sincerity in my work.

It is not at all about how much I want to win the approval of a few well-regarded industry professionals and veterans. Even running the risk of sounding rigid and self-righteous, I’d say that I owe it to my job to put mere mortals aside and submit fully to the stage, and to the performing arts.

Fine, you may say, what is art without connection with humans, and audience?

If at all, I hope to convince my audience and colleagues that I am constantly working on my craft and what they see on stage is the very core of my heart. But frankly, I have no time to wait around and wait on their score papers – I have got work to do – working on my next entrance. 


Credits: Taken off Janet Lee's Facebook

No comments: