Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Retreat!

The YA retreat ended just 2 days ago and I'm still in the mood. Lazing around and hanging out. Playing Xbox360 at my best friend's place, supper with friends. That's the problem when you have no work, you spend. damn.

The retreat I hope was a success, I mean people came and told me that it was good but I hope it did good in people's heart and God was pleased with it.

On Friday, I had to print out everything that was needed for the retreat and William helped me to settle them. Shaun, Yang, Joel and myself then went to ShengXiong to buy snacks and household products that was needed. We were done about 4pm and left church at 4.30pm to ALOHA CHANGI YACHT CLUB BUNGALOW B.

The place that we had our retreat was really old and truth be told when first opened up and went in I was scared. Its so retro that I had problem identifying with the place. Its scary cause it looked like some haunted house that you see in local dramas and the toilets are so huge it reminds me of the toilets from 'SAW'.

After trying to make the place look and feel like home, Joel, Shaun and I went to get dinner. We bought coils and repellents as there were lots of mosquitoes there. The speaker was on time and there were people coming in for the night session. Well, the night session was scheduled at 7.30pm but I think we started at about 8pm. As usual, the YA are late. The speaker, Ps Jacob Cheng was really good. He was very specific about his message and I really learned a lot.

After the session, we started playing board games and card games. Though I was sick and was supposed to sleep, I stayed up and played Loot with the funny people. Shaun, Ben, Jiawei and Ryan. It was super crazy, we played till 5am!

Woke up the next day at about 9.30am. Thanks to William who help made Milo for everyone. This time round speaker and people were on time. At 10.30am sharp we started with session 2. His words were again very inspiring, his testimonies and stories told us how great our God is. He left this words imprinted in my heart.

If there are people queuing for your church sermon, your Precher/Pastor must be very good.

If there are people queuing for your worship service, your Worship team must be very good.

But if there are people queuing up to attending your church prayer meeting, then your JESUS must be very good.

After I heard that I was stunned. These words kept coming to me even after the session. Pastor Edwin and Henry wanted to give us time to do our devotion/reflection hence they offered to get lunch for us. They bought nasi lemak and otah for everyone. It was very good.

After lunch some carried on playing board games and card games while others hang around. There were some other people who came in the afternoon to join us. At about 3.30pm we watched a show titled, FACING THE GIANTS. It was a very good show. Touching and inspiring. Really inspire me to be a teacher/coach not in the classroom type but outside the classroom.

William, Joel and Praba then went to get dinner for us. It was a sumptuous meal. After dinner Praba's family left with Val, Pam and Ben. Ryan,William and Andrew WX went to watch football. So only a few of us were left. The few of us; Jacob, Glenda, Lydia, Clarence, Joel, Yingqi and myself. Alvin Goh, came to find us and we decided to go out for some sorta supper and we ended up at downtown east Macs. I think I got high there, talking rubbish and laughing at nonsensical stuffs. High from lack of sleep, nugget, ice cream, ice lemon tea.

We went back about 12am and played some rounds of games then I had to pack up the place a little so that it'll be easier the next morning. As there were very little people left, William canceled the bus that was hired and it saved us $50.

We checked out promptly at 9.45am the next day and everything went very smoothly.

I liked to thank many people and God for this Retreat. Thank God for good speaker, for good money management, for good weather, for favour, for friends. Thank you friends like William, Shaun , Yang, Joel, Lydia, Glenda, Jacob who help with some operations of the Retreat. And the rest of the young adults who came for the retreat, thank you for making it possible and cause you came, there was a retreat! THANK YOU ALL!

No comments: